Thank you very much for your interest in the Wilton Children’s Theater (WCT) Board. WCT is a group of hard working volunteers committed to providing an enriching theatrical experience to our young cast members.
Before applying to the Board, you should know as much as possible about making a commitment to WCT. Please feel free to contact any board member to ask questions and gain perspective on how our board works. Melissa Elmasry and Andrea Bates are this year’s Nominating Co-Chair people. Melissa can be reached at email@example.com and Andrea can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org . Specific questions about the nominating process can be directed to either one of us. Our website, wiltonchildrenstheater.org is another source of information about our organization.
All candidates should know the following:
- We request a minimum two-year commitment. Generally, Board Members will hold the same position for two years before moving on to another job
- New members often start out in production jobs, such as costumes or sets
- This position is a twelve months per year commitment, and attending the monthly meeting is a required part of the position. We generally meet the first Monday of every month from 7:30 p.m. up to 10:00 p.m. Candidates cannot have other commitments which conflict with this
- Board members are expected to work on both shows in some capacity
- All Board members participate in one of the standing committees: Scripts, Long-Term Planning, Nominating, or Professional Search
- Board member children enrolled in the program are expected to attend all rehearsals to set the right example
Interested Candidates should write a letter stating:
- Your interest in being on the WCT Board
- What positions you are most interested in, and what experience/talents you feel you would bring to these positions
- The gender of your children who would participate in WCT, and what grade they will be in the 2017/2018 School Year (please also note any younger siblings that might be interested when they are eligible)
- Whether your children would want to be in the Fall or Winter show, and whether they are flexible about show selection
Please note that flexibility in areas including job functions and Fall/Winter show enrollment does have a bearing on your application.
Letters can be emailed to either Melissa Elmasry at email@example.com or Andrea Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org. LETTERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 15, 2017.